Friday, February 17, 2012

5th District endorsements that shocked nobody

Today, two candidates for the 5th district announced some endorsements that were, well, not unexpected.
Democrat Chris Donovan announced the support of the New Britain DTC.
"I've fought for the middle class families of New Britain since the beginning of my career, and I look forward to continuing that work with my friends on the New Britain DTC," Donovan said in a release.
Well, New Britain is well within Donovan's core area.  Here he is in 2009 talking about the closure of New Britain's DMV:



And then there's Andrew Roraback, the other sitting legislator seeking a bump up to U.S. congress in the 5th. Roraback received the endorsement of the Torrington RTC - no shocker there. Roraback, like Donovan, points out his connections to the city:
“Torrington has a special place in my heart, as a city I am proud to represent in Hartford, and as the home of my family’s law practice."
Now, if they did NOT get endorsed by their home town committees, that would have been interesting.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home